Flow cytometry is one of the most important techniques used in analysis and sorting of cells. It has been widely used in research detecting apoptosis, cell proliferation, immunophenotyping, …etc. It is important to learn about the flow cytometry machine, how to interpret your data and solving common troubleshooting. After finishing this course will be able to run flow cytometry analysis on your own and effectively interpret your data. This course is composed of recorded lectures and one live online laboratory session.
Please note that this is course will be available on 22nd of November and we are currently taking reservations from students. The date and time of the online live session will be confirmed upon agreement with the enrolled students.
In this course, you will learn
I. Principles of Flow Cytometry:
- Fluidics system.
II. Fluorescence and Fluorophore:
- Fluorescent markers and their purpose.
- Fluorescent proteins.
III. How to analyze your data
- Gates and regions
IV. Controls used in flow cytometry:
V. How to optimize your experiments:
- Sample preparation
- Live/dead cells
- Doublet discrimination.
VI. Multicolour panels.
VII. Online live laboratory session:
- Understanding the basics of flow cytometry technique
- Understanding the importance of each system that the technique relies on (fluidics, optics, and electronics)
- Learning to use a cell sorter (Start up, sorting, and shut down of the equipment)
- Understanding how the equipment performs the measurements
- Learning to interpret the results and understanding the applications of the technique