Lab. calculations are important in conducting research. Correct calculations mean accurate experiment, reproducible results, correct interpretations and true reflection of the outcome. Watch watch this video to learn essential lab. calculations (Part I).
Please do not forget to rate this lecture and post a feedback after watching… Thank You!
Flow cytometry is one of the most important techniques used in analysis and sorting of cells. It has been widely used in research detecting apoptosis, cell proliferation, immunophenotyping, …etc. It is important to learn about the flow cytometry machine, how to interpret your data and solving common troubleshooting. After finishing this course will be able to run flow cytometry analysis on your own and effectively interpret your data. This course is composed of recorded lectures and one live online laboratory session.
Please note that this is course will be available on 22nd of November and we are currently taking reservations from students. The date and time of the online live session will be confirmed upon agreement with the enrolled students.
In this course
I. Principles of Flow Cytometry:
- Fluidics system.
II. Fluorescence and Fluorophore:
- Fluorescent markers and their purpose.
- Fluorescent proteins.
III. How to analyze your data
- Gates and regions
IV. Controls used in flow cytometry:
V. How to optimize your experiments:
- Sample preparation
- Live/dead cells
- Doublet discrimination.
VI. Multicolour panels.
VII. Online live laboratory session:
- Understanding the basics of flow cytometry technique
- Understanding the importance of each system that the technique relies on (fluidics, optics, and electronics)
- Learning to use a cell sorter (Start up, sorting, and shut down of the equipment)
- Understanding how the equipment performs the measurements
- Learning to interpret the results and understanding the applications of the technique
This course is suitable for: Pharmacists, chemists, biomedical scientists, researchers in addition to undergraduate and postgraduate students.
This is a recorded online course that will discuss the following topics: Definition of an abstract Types of abstracts The…
The hallmarks of cancer are biological capabilities acquired during the development of tumours. This course explains one of the important hallmarks of cancer which is the deregulation of cellular energetics. You will learn about cellular metabolism, how cancer cells change their metabolism, and which techniques are used to investigate cellular metabolism in vitro. After finishing the course, you will have a complete picture about cancer metabolism and generally how to run a research in this area.
- Lecture 1: Introduction
- Lecture 2: Metabolic pathways part I
- Lecture 3: Metabolic pathways part II
- Lecture 4: How cancer cells regulate their metabolic reprograming
- Lecture 5: How to measure metabolic reprogramming part I
- Lecture 6: How to measure metabolic reprogramming part II
Certificates of completion are award after successfully passing the course tests.
Hallmarks Of Cancer: Deregulation of cellular energetics
Guidelines on writing an abstract and designing a scientific poster
Rated 3.67 out of 5
Basic Cell Culture
Rated 5.00 out of 5Free!
- Essential Lab. Calculations- Part I Free!